Because the British law does not allow learner drivers to use motorways whilst learning to drive, many new drivers are forced on to the motorways without any real experience of how to use them safely. In recognition of this vulnerability, Monk School of Motoring has designed a short course to help newly qualified drivers use the motorways.
The Motorway module can be taken as a stand alone training session or as a qualifying unit towards the Pass Plus program. The training you will receive on this module will include:
- planning journeys in advance
- joining and leaving a motorway, using slip roads
- safe speeds in different circumstances
- effective observation all around your vehicle
- signs, signals and markings
- overtaking and lane discipline
- courtesy to other road users
- motorway fatigue
- breakdown procedures
- use of lights, including hazard warning lights
- debris on the carriageway
If you have not experienced the motorway driving before, this course will give you an ideal opportunity to learn to use the motorways safely.
If you would like further information please contact us